Turkish Airlines offers a variety of options for travelers trying to ship their pets either accompanied by them or not. Pets are accepted inside of the cabins, in the cargo hold as well as separate cargo shipments. They have certain criteria by which they decide whether the pet is eligible to be inside the compartment or must be checked as baggage.
Only dogs, cats and two species of birds are allowed to be inside the cabin and the cargo hold. Aggressive and brachycephalic pets are accepted on neither of them. Other types of pets must always be shipped through the Cargo service.
They charge 120 to 350 TRY for domestic flights to ship pets and for international flights, charges depend on the weight of the pet. They also charge 120 USD for pets inside the cabin and 320 USD for pets as checked baggage on locations where charges are set according to the baggage piece concept.
Turkish Airlines Travel Options
Turkish Airlines offer passengers with pets that below mentioned services :
- Pets inside the cabin (Carry-on Pets)
- Pets as checked baggage
- Pets in the cargo
Pets inside the cabin
Turkish Airlines accepts pets inside the cabin if the following prerequisites are met :
- The combined weight of the pet and its container is less than 8 kilograms.
- The measurements of the container do not surpass 23×30×40 Centimeters in height, width, and length respectively.
- The dog or cat should be transported inside a container that accommodates beneath the traveler’s chair.
- In hopes of avoiding an exit plan, travelers with companion animals inside the compartment must only select chairs close to the window (except those in lines with exit routes gates as well as newborn pushchair gear).
- Pets that possess a possibility of having breathing problems in the cargo compartment must always be transported inside of the cabin. See the breed restrictions section to know more.
Pets that are allowed inside of the cabin
Pets as checked baggage
Turkish Airlines accepts pets in the cargo compartment if the following prerequisites are met :
- The combined weight of the pet and its container is more than 8 kilograms.
- The measurements of the required container for your pet surpasses 23×30×40 Centimeters in height, width and length respectively.
- Birds like pigeons and parrots should always be transported through the cargo compartment.
- Pets’ age must be over 10 weeks in order to travel by Turkish Airlines.
- One passenger can travel with a maximum of two containers of pets.
- One passenger can travel with a maximum of one container inside the cabin. The Other container must be checked as baggage.
- Pets and the container should not smell badly and the pet should be well trained to behave appropriately while in public.
- Containers can be hard-sided or soft-sided for pets inside the cabin and for pets as checked baggage, only hard-sided containers are allowed.
- There should be appropriate ventilation options in the container.
- Ensure the enclosures are big enough for the animal to make the journey conveniently, hold by itself, flip about, and lie down in, because they can get enough wind, are completely waterproof, and also have a horizontal locking mechanism.
- Keep in mind to even provide meals as well as instructive guidelines connected to the animal’s enclosure, and a fully automated sipper for the animal’s dietary or other needs, if you’ve a waiting duration of 3 hours or more, and if your flying time is going to be more than eight hours.
- Kindly also make absolutely sure that the enclosure has a tag with the animal’s data upon that.
- 2 creatures from the same genus which are so used to being around each other may well be shipped in the very same pet carrier inside the compartment. But the mass restriction should be maintained.
- Up to three creatures born from the very same mom and aged 10 to 24 weeks might well be transported in a solitary pet carrier in the airplane hold. Creatures of the same genus (each weighing no more than 14 kg for pups and no more than 10 kg for kitties, roughly the size and acquainted with others) may travel in a solitary pet carrier. Every mammal should have their very own box if they weigh more than 14 kilos (pups) or 10 kg (kitties).
- A total of 2 older living creatures of the same genus (each going to weigh no more than 14-kilogram pups and no more than 10 kilograms for kitties, equally roughly the size and acquainted with others) might well be shipped in a solitary pet carrier inside the airplane hold. Every mammal should have its own box if it yields more than 14 kilos (pups) as well as 10 kilos (cats).
The below-mentioned information about the pet’s owner and the pet must be attached to the exterior of the container :
|Contact Number||Number of Pets|
- Medical Credential from a licensed veterinarian.
- Immunization Papers. Rabies vaccination should be provided to the pet one month prior to the scheduled flight and no earlier than one year of the scheduled flight.
- A flight permit document in case of birds.
- Pets that age between 10 to 12 weeks nust bear a special approval from a valid professional.
- Gotta make sure individuals get all of the required paperwork by the target nation for the pet with oneself. They would not be capable of transporting the pet alternatively.
Animal transport isn’t included in complimentary checked bags and therefore is applicable to service charges. Pet costs are calculated by multiplying the weight limit of the animal and container by the track’s baggage fees.
Charges for national flights :
|Pets in the cabin||0-8 kg||120 TRY|
|Pets carried in the cargo hold (AVIH)||0-15 kg||200 TRY|
|Pets carried in the cargo hold (AVIH)||16-22 kg||250 TRY|
|Pets carried in the cargo hold (AVIH)||23-28 kg||300 TRY|
|Pets carried in the cargo hold (AVIH)||Over 28 kg||350 TRY|
Charges for international flights
Charges for locations where piece concept is applicable
The animal service charge is computed by adding the cost per kilogram according to the chart below as well the trip and mass. The service charge for excess baggage is billed per container. They generally charge 9 to 20 EUR per kg depending on various locations. While making your booking, let them know the weight of your pet to know the exact amount.
Charges for locations where charges are billed according to the piece concept :
|Routes||For pets in the cabin||For pets as checked baggage|
|Port Kano, Tokyo, Khartoum, Paulo, Dakar, Cotonou, Encemine, Libreville, Noire, Yaounde Island, Mahe Bogota, York, Abuja, Port Luanda, Asmara, Nur-Sultan, Houston, Abidjan, Niamey, Bamako, New Harcourt, City, Banjul, São Washington, Freetown, Nouakchott, Kona, Almaty, Angeles, Buenos Accra, Sudan, Chicago, Cancun, Douala, Antananarivo, San Los Mauritius, Havana, Mexico Miami, Atlanta, Toronto, Ouagadougou, Osaka, Kinshasa, Boston, Caracas, Francisco, Pointe Montreal, Lagos, Aires||290 USD||580 USD|
Service charges for transporting animals on route options with layovers :
|Pets in the compartment||Pets in the cargo hold|
|160 USD||320 USD|
- For flights to Ukraine, Moldova, and the United States, One passenger may carry only one container with a pet.
Pets are temporarily restricted from entering the United States from nations marked for being at an elevated risk to rabies as measures taken by the CDC. If you want to enter the United States from such a country, then you will have to submit the requested paperwork by the CDC at [email protected] a minimum one month before the scheduled flight. Those paperwork must also be presented at the airport.
If indeed the following criteria are satisfied, the Center for disease control authorization is just not necessary :
- If this can be proven that the animal has spent just under 180 days in an elevated risk nation,
- If indeed the animal has a legitimate rabies immunization certificate from such a legal veterinarian inside the United States,
- If indeed the animal has a readable computer chip, inspect it.
- If your animal is at least six months of age,
- If he’s still in decent shape when he arrives, but if he’s flying out of approved airport terminals.
- Dogs and cats, as well as Birds and cats, really aren’t allowed to travel on the very same flight, regardless of if they are isolated by compartments. Dogs, as well as birds, could be transported in separate compartments or inside the same compartment as far as conceivable.’
- Turkish Airlines takes no liability for just about any medical issues the animal could encounter during and after the trip.
- Animals would be allowed inside the compartment under certain circumstances sometimes when commuters had already presented a written certificate previous to the trip declaring that they really are irritant to living creatures :
- When a traveler with such a hypersensitivity declaration as well as a traveler with such an animal application are all on the same plane, the traveler who decided to make the very first booking will have their proposal affirmed.
- When a traveler with just a guide animal and a traveler with just a hypersensitivity declaration are traveling on the very same United States trip, the guide animal always takes priority over the hypersensitivity declaration, irrespective of the booking sequence.
- With the exception of relief and recovery animals and United States trips, the sequence of booking would be regarded in instances where a traveler with a guide animal and a traveler with a hypersensitivity declaration are traveling on the same trip.
Pets that are not accepted :
- Pets that are not in decent shape.
- Pets that are pregnant.
- Pets less than 10 weeks of age.
- Unweaned pets with their mothers.
- African gray parrots.
Pets that possess a possibility of having breathing problems in the cargo compartment must always be transported inside of the cabin.
|Shar Pei||Tibetan Spaniel||Pug (All breeds)|
|Lhasa Apso||English Toy Spaniel||French Bulldog|
|Brussels Griffon||Affenpinscher||Chow Chow|
|English Bulldog||Boston Terrier||Japanese Chin|
|English Mastiff||Bull Mastiff||–|
After analyzing the circumstances, the captain makes the call whether the pets will be allowed on the flight. The pilot reserves all rights to cancel your pet’s accommodation in the cargo if the airflow is inadequate.
Aggressive dog breeds mentioned below are neither allowed inside the cabin nor as checked baggage :
|Dogue de Bordeaux||Wolf Dog Mixed-Breeds||Caucasian Ovcharka|
|Presa Canario||American Bulldog||Bandog Tosa Inu|
|Mastiff (except Bull Mastiff)||Doberman (Pinscher Doberman and all Doberman breeds)||Rottweiler|
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||American Staffordshire Terrier||Bull Terrier|
|Pitbull Terrier||American Pitbull Terrier||Japanese Tosa|
|Fila Brasileiro||–||Dogo Argentino|
Service Animals and Emotional Support Animal
- Only dogs are acknowledged by service animals by Turkish Airlines.
- Reservations for guide dogs must be made no later than 48 hours of the scheduled flight.
- Mental health Assistance dogs can fly only on trips between the United States and Istanbul for free. Travelers who seem to have a linking flight with such a Mental health Service Dog should bring a vacant box with the correct measurements. There is no charge for transporting a vacant box. Other service dogs are allowed to travel on all routes free of charge.
The following two forms should also be filled if you are flying to or from the United States :
- A boot camp certificate, immunization credential, identity card, and any other documentation necessary by the target country must be provided by therapy animals.
- All service animals must be leashed and ride alongside passengers. It is required that you act professionally. The use of vests and/or harnesses is necessary. Muzzles must also be provided by passengers.
- On flights of more than 8 hours, paperwork must be supplied stating that your emotional support dog would not need to relieve itself or, if necessary, that your pet can relieve itself in a manner that does not pose a health or sanitary risk while on the plane. Dog owners will be held liable for any harm their pets do to the airplane.
- In hopes of avoiding an exit plan, travelers with service and emotional support animals inside the compartment must only select chairs close to the window (except those in lines with exit routes gates as well as newborn pushchair gear).
- If such an SVAN dog continues to act vigorously all through registration and/or getting on the plane, is not as well and tidy, surpasses the certain dimensions, poses a hazardous condition, and/or the team thinks that the dog could end up causing service interruptions, the dog may not be allowed inside the compartment or even on the plane.
- The guide dog would not be welcomed upon that trip when it is on the catalog of living creatures which are not allowed entry somewhere at delivery point.
- The dog should always be accommodated at the front of the customer’s legs all through the trip, with the augmentation of its dog’s collar as well as a strap connected to the customer’s buckle. Service animals are not permitted to ride in passenger chairs. Travelers with guide dogs must bring a muzzle in particular instances of yapping, held teeth, or other issues.
People flying with pets must be authorized at least 6 hours before to takeoff, according to Turkish Airlines’ pet policy. Turkish Airlines’ varied planes may handle varying numbers of animals. Two dogs are permitted in the economy and one in business on B737 (400-700-800-900) A319/320/321 aircraft.
Passengers with pets may complete the check in procedures from the terminal counters.
How to add a pet to my flight on Turkish Airlines?
- Books for your flight at least 2 days prior to the scheduled flight.
- Check if your pet is eligible to be inside the cabin or must be checked as baggage.
- Prepare the paperwork according to the target location. Make sure to vit your vet to get a flight approval for your pet.
- Purchase a kennel that fits the regulations and get your pet used to that.
- Do not feed your pet within 4 hours of the departure.
- Check in with plenty of time on hand.
- Enjoy the flight with your furry friend.
- The air carrier might have had a restriction on the total of animals allowed on every plane. Such animal “chairs” could be available on first-come and prior-served grounds, so making a reservation slightly earlier can prevent possible uncertainties. Do you seek to have more than one animal? Consult with the air carrier. Some airlines will allow you to have more than one animal into the compartment, and you’ll almost certainly need to buy extra (vacant) chairs to fit the animal vessels under it.
- Make a checklist to assist you to identify anything you’ll need. Check those items such as a dog’s collar and a transport bowl of water are in the carry-on but not in the checked-in baggage.
- Several stopovers may lengthen the journey and maintain the animal inside the shipper for longer than needed. Air travel endlessly on a specific flight will be much more costly, but it is more convenient for the dog. Hello, it’s not even a big problem for you either!
- Postponing a plate of food can assist your dog avoid getting airsick. Individuals would not want to tidy up whatever clutter caused by travel sickness on the aircraft such as between different airlines. If the dog is prone to motion sickness, individuals should consult thier vet about any motion sickness medications.
Frequently asked question
Does the Turkish Airline allow dogs?
Yes, Turkish Airlines allow pet dogs to accompany their owner inside the cabin or even as checked baggage. But certain aggressive and brachycephalic dog breeds are not accepted by them.
How do I bring my pet on Turkish Airlines?
Books for your flight at least 2 days prior to the scheduled flight.
Check if your pet is eligible to be inside the cabin or must be checked as baggage.
Prepare the paperwork according to the target location. Make sure to vit your vet to get a flight approval for your pet.
Purchase a kennel that fits the regulations and get your pet used to that.
Do not feed your pet within 4 hours of the departure.
Check-in with plenty of time on hand.
Enjoy the flight with your furry friend.
How much does Turkish Airlines charge for pets?
Turkish Airlines charges 120 to 350 TRY for domestic flights to ship pets and for international flights, charges depend on the weight of the pet. They also charge 120 USD for pets inside the cabin and 320 USD for pets as checked baggage on locations where charges are set according to the baggage piece concept.
What kinds of pets are not accepted by Turkish Airlines?
Pets that are not accepted :
Pets that are not in decent shape.
Pets that are pregnant.
Pets less than 10 weeks of age.
Unweaned pets with their mothers.
African gray parrots.
Turkish Airlines Contact Details
|Argentina||+54 (011) 3991 5950|
|Australia||+611 800 750 849|
|Singapore||+90 850 333 0 849|
|Turkey||0850 333 0 849|
|United Arab Emirates||+971 8000 3570 43 43|
|United Kingdom||+44 0844 800 66 66 +44 0203 991 1993|
|United States||+1-800 874 8875|
|Northern Cyprus||+90 850 333 0 849|
Turkish Airlines Profile
|Company Name||Turkish Airlines|
|Social Media Pages|