Aeromexico cargo allows you to transport any kind of living animal through their cargo service. Are you planning to take your pet with you while traveling to any other country and want to know about all the rules and regulations? Read the full article and you will know everything regarding shipping your pet through the Aeromexico cargo service.
Pets that are allowed
Almost all sorts of living animals are accepted by Aeromexico animal cargo except for some exceptions.
Pets that are not allowed
The type of animals not accepted :
|Dead animals||Sick animals||Expectant females or females with lactating offspring|
|Primates, ferrets, and flying squirrels||Animals with pungent or off odor||Cats or dogs under the age of 12 weeks|
Brachycephalic pets are those which experience breathing or temperature-related problems. Aeromexico does not transport brachycephalic pets.
Pets that are regarded as Brachycephalic :
|Affenpinscher||cavalier king charles||Maltese bichon|
|Boxer (all races)||English Toy Spaniel||Pekingese|
|Bullmastiff||Japanese spaniel||Saint Bernard|
|Shih Tzu||Tibetan spaniel||cavalier spaniel|
|American Staffordshire terrier||Brussels Griffon||Bulldog (all races)|
|Cane Corso||Chow-chow||Dogue de Bordeaux|
|Brussels griffon||Lhasa apso||Mastiff / Mastiff (all races)|
|Canary Dam||Pug (all races)||Shar-pei|
|dwarf English spaniel||Yorkshire terrier||–|
Aeromexico cargo charges vary depending on the size and weight of your pet. Contact your local Aeromexico agency to learn more about the charges.
- A CITES certificate relating to the legal origin of the pet is necessary.
- Endangered animals can be transported with proper documentation.
- Container should be made of strong material and the floor should be leak proof.
- Path for air movement is a must.
- Your pet should feel comfortable in its natural position inside the container.
- The head of your pet should touch the ceiling of the container while standing.
- Mother and her spawn are not allowed to stay in the same container.
- No punishment collars.
- No anti-bark collars.
- No electronic device should be inside the container.
- Use of plastic doors is prohibited.
- Easily unlockable container should be used in case of any emergency.
- Container should not be foldable.
- No sharp edges.
- No cat litter.
- Required documents should be available on the side of the container.
- “Live Animals” labeling is a must.
- A contact number should be available on the side of the container.
- On opposite sides, it should have at least 2 direction labels.
- “POISONOUS” label should be available in case your animal is poisonous.
- In case your animals need any special food, you can keep the food attached outside of the container with instructions.
A maximum of 200 grams of food can be given inside the container. Food should be placed on the side with dogs and cats.
Pet per container
|Age||Species||Animals per container|
|Under 3 months old||Dogs and Cats||Not allowed for transportation|
|3 – 6 months||Dogs and Cats||Up to 3 animals, as long as they are from the same litter.|
|Over 6 months||Dogs and Cats||2 animals, as long as they are of a similar size with total weight of 14kg and are used to living together|
|Varied||Other warm-blooded animals||Varied according to species, contact your travel representative for more information|
Container for poultry
- Container should be made of board or wood.
- Handgrip for lifting.
- Leak proof floor.
- Path for air movement.
- Only One cockerel per container.
Documents for poultry
|Zoosanitary certificate||CITES certificate issued by the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources|
Transportation of live animals are restricted in the below-mentioned domestic destinations.
|Puebla (PBC)||Querétaro (QRO)|
|Saltillo (SLW)||Tuxtla Gutiérrez (TGZ)|
Check-in and Pick up
- Checking in will be completed after the airbill is issued.
- You can pick up your pet 2 hours after the landing.
- Extra charges will be applied if the pet does not get picked up at the right time.
- If the container is not of appropriate size, animals will not be allowed to check in.
- Sedatives are not allowed.
- Temperature guidelines must be fulfilled.
|Minimum||Maximum||Animals that are allowed|
|7°C||35°C||Dogs, cats, roosters, fish, snakes, mice, bumblebees, turtles|
- If the temperature on the day of the flight does not meet above parameters, animals will not be accepted on board.
- To know temperature policies for other non-common species you have to consult with their representatives.
- Denials to take back your animals are not acceptable.
How to transport my pet through Aeromexico cargo?’
- Contact your local Aeromexico Agency at least two weeks before the date you want to transport your pet with the required information and documents.
- Make sure you have the right container size and your pet is comfortable inside of it.
- Check in at least two or three hours before your flight departure.
- Complete the security screening.
- Complete the pick-up process accordingly.
- Check with sincerity whether you have all the documents that are required and their validity.
- Make sure the vaccination certificates have their validity.
- If your flight is a long one, then check if your pet is doing well.
Does Aeromexico allow dogs in cargo?
Aeromexico Cargo allows you to transport almost all sorts of living animals including dogs, cats, and poultry.
Is Aeromexico pet-friendly?
Yes. You can take your pet with you in the cabin or as checked baggage through Aeromexico and Their cargo service transports all sorts of living animals.
How much do Aeromexico charge for pets?
They charge $135 – $140 USD for pets in the cabin, $210 USD for transporting pets as checked baggage. Their cargo charges vary depending on the size and weight of your pet.
Is Aeromexico’s pet policy strict?
Aeromexico has some rigid rules and regulations regarding the transportation of animals. But they are all for the safe and secure journey of your pet.
Aeromexico Cargo Contact Details
|Hermanos Serdán Boulevard 337, Ampliación Francisco I. Madero, Aquiles Serdán, 72140 Puebla, Pue., Mexico||+52 222 268 4185|
|Providencia 501, código 2, Col del Valle Centro, Benito Juárez, 03100 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico||+52 55 7261 3117|
|15620, Av Texcoco 140 Internacional Benito Juárez, Internacional Benito Juárez, Venustiano Carranza, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico||+5i2 51330300|
|Aeropuerto 403, Aeropuerto Abelardo L. Rodriguez, 22404 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico||+52 664 682 9360|
|6851 W Imperial Hwy, Los Angeles, CA 90045, United States||–|
If you need any further assistance, please visit here