United Airlines Cargo has a program specifically for carrying cats and dogs which are not allowed to fly in the cabin. It provides airport-to-airport transportation for cats and dogs to around 300 locations, and its employees are trained experts who care about animals and are committed to making sure that all pets enjoy the finest service available during their voyage.
Pets in Cargo Guidelines
United Airlines Cargo will transport cats and dogs in ventilated and temperature-controlled chambers. The facilities and vans are also climate-controlled to ensure that your animal is pleased regardless of the weather. Pets are loaded aboard the aircraft after all other luggage and unloaded first to guarantee optimum comfort for the animals.
A specialized 24-hour hotline is available:
• Toll-free number: 1-800-575-3335 (toll-free in the U.S.)
• (832) 235-1541 (outside the U.S.; regular call rates apply)
Carrier: Best Airlines Approved Kennel
- Every crate must be appropriately labeled with the phrase “LIVE ANIMAL” in 1-inch (2.5 cm) lettering on the top and at minimum either side, according to federal rules.
- Alignment indicators must also be included on the carton.
- On at minimum two parts, designate the top with an arrow or “THIS END UP” symbol.
- United no longer receives containers that are taller than 34 inches.
Local flights require small cats and dogs to be at least two lbs. and ten weeks old.
Bookings should be completed 5 to 30 days in advance of a trip.
- Dogs from rabies-prone areas are temporarily forbidden from entering the United States. Dogs that do not have a permit will be refused admission and sent back to their original country at the pet parent’s cost.
- Dubai, India, Australia, and Lagos, Nigeria is not served by United Airlines.
- Unless temperatures drop, live animals would not be carried out of Seoul, Beijing, or Chengdu, neither would they be transferred to or from Shanghai.
- Bookings for brachycephalic dogs and cats, as well as strong-jawed dog breeds, will no longer be accepted by United.
- United would not transport live animals in the cargo compartment of its Boeing 787 aircraft till further notice.
Health certifications provided and certified by a qualified physician who checks your animal within 10 days of travel are required by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for both outgoing and incoming flights.
If your return journey is longer than 10 days after the health document was given, you will need to schedule a fresh checkup and request a new medical certificate.
Older and younger dogs are more vulnerable to travel-related stress.
It is recommended that you speak with your veterinarian about any further health exams your pet may require as well as learn about the health concerns they may face throughout their journey.
Toys or drugs of any type are not permitted in or linked to your pet’s kennel.
How do you get your pet ready for a cargo flight?
Do not nourish your animal for at least two hours before leaving, because a full belly might make them feel uncomfortable and cause stomach bloated, nausea, and other problems.
Are service and emotional support animals permitted in pet cargo on United Airlines?
Service dogs are acceptable in United Airlines’ cabins as long as they are doing responsibilities for a person with a qualifying impairment. They are not permitted in the cargo hold.
What are the required documents needed for pet travel via united cargo?
Documentation of rabies shot, valid for at least three months, is required for trips abroad. Puppies and kittens are not allowed to fly overseas with United Airlines 30 days after receiving their rabies vaccine.
Is United allowing pets in cargo?
Yes, you can transport your pets.
United Airlines Profile
|Airlines Name||United Airlines, Inc.|
|Social Media Pages|