Lufthansa Cargo Live Animals service offers you their specialized cargo flights to ship your pet or other animals without accompanying them. At this time, Lufthansa pet cargo booking can only be done by specialized cargo forwarders. Cargo Forwarders are those organizations who take the responsibility of your from you to ship them to your desired destination via your desired airlines.
So, if you’re an individual who is looking to transport your pet across the United States or outside of the country, you must book through a cargo forwarder.
Guide to Lufthansa Pet Cargo
Let us look at some important things now.
Animals that are welcomed in cargo:
|Domestic pets||Horses||Exotic animals|
Animals that are not accepted:
|CITES 1 Animals||–|
Within the United States
Rules and regulations :
- Microchip’s are not mandatory for pet shipment within the United States, but it will be recommended for the safety of your pet.
- If your pet has been in any of the countries identified at high risk for rabies, you will need a vaccine certificate.
- Health certificate must be dated within 10 days of travel.
To the United States
Rules and regulations:
- Your pet can not enter the United States without a rabies certificate at this moment.
- Health certificate from an authorized vet clearly stating your pet is doing well. It must be dated within 10 days of travel.
- Microchip’s are not mandatory for pet shipment by all states within the United States, but it will be recommended for the safety of your pet.
- Other vaccinations :
|Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis||Calicivirus|
- You must fill the shipper certificate while handing over your pet.
- Your pet container must be as per the regulations of IATA.
- Animals being shipped by Lufthansa cargo get access to their Frankfurt animals lounge measuring 43000 square feet (In case of transit time of more than 2-3 hours).
- Lufthansa Cargo staff are specially trained to ensure your pet a safe and comfortable journey.
- They offer customized heated and oxygenated cargo compartments for your pet.
Charges for cargo
The expenses for Lufthansa Cargo shifts depending on the airship you are traveling and the goal and a few extra charges may moreover apply for a few indicated ports and animals. So, it is recommended to allude to the Lufthansa cargo deals office or your closest forwarder to memorize around correct charges whereas booking your flight.
You need to contact a flight forwarder in order to book your shipment. Find your nearest freight forwarder from here. Freight forwarders will assist you on everything regarding your pet shipment.
How to ship my pet by Lufthansa?
- Contact your nearest freight forwarder.
- Give them all the necessary information regarding your shipment.
- Make sure you hand them the correct and valid documents as per their documents.
- The freight forwarder will do the rest of the work for you.
- Choose forwarders based on their previous ratings.
- Make sure they can give continuous updates about your shipment.
- Make sure they tell you about every charge in the beginning.
- Ask them if they have any add-ons.
Is Lufthansa Cargo safe for dogs?
Lufthansa Airlines offers specialized services for every species with specialized containers. They also have an animal lounge at Frankfurt which measures 43000 square feet.
Is Lufthansa flying pets right now?
Yes, they are accepting critters both inside the cabin and as checked baggage currently. You can also use their Live Animals cargo service.
How do I book a pet on Lufthansa?
If you want to take your pet inside of the cabin with or as checked baggage, you have to contact their Customer Service team. In case you want to ship your pet via cargo, you have to contact your nearest freight forwarder.
Does Lufthansa allow emotional support animals?
Lufthansa Airlines no longer accepts emotional support animals in the cabin. Although you can take them with you as normal pets by complying with the regulations.
Lufthansa Contact details
|United States||+1 800 – 645 38 80|
|Germany||+49 (0) 69 86 799 799|
|United Kingdom||+44 371 945 9747*|
|France||+33 170 48 91 70|
|Brazil||+55 11 3878 8151 * ,+55 21 3500 1471 **|
|United Arab Emirates||+971 600595556|
|Turkey||+90 212 375 59 32|
|QATAR||+33 170 48 91 70|
Lufthansa Short Propile
|Company Name||Deutsche Lufthansa AG|
|Funded||6 January, 1953|
|Website||Lufthansa Animal Cargo|
|Social Media Pages|
- Delta airlines Pets Cargo
- United airlines Pets Cargo
- Alaska Airlines Pets Cargo
- Hawaiian Airlines Pets In Cargo
- JetBlue Pets In Cargo
- Frontire Airlines Pets in Cargo