Allegiant Airlines is offer you to travel taking your critter along at an affordable price. They charge only $50 per pet for flights within the United States. Their rules and restrictions regarding pets inside of the cabin are also quite minimal. No additional fees are charged for service animals.
Animals are permitted in the passenger area on planes according to Allegiant Airlines. All dogs must be transported in an FAA-approved container that slides beneath the seat. Passengers flying with dogs will not be accommodated in the exit rows or the rows preceding or following the exit row.
Allegiant Airlines Pet Travel Guidelines
Passengers traveling with dogs or cats should be at least 15 years of age. Animals have to be at least 8 weeks old.
The carry-on luggage allowance does not include a pet carrier. Excess luggage will incur an extra fee.
While traveling your pet with Allegiant Air, no medical documentation is necessary.
- Pets in Cabin
- As Checked Baggage
Pets Allowed in the Cabin
Pets are welcome to allegiant air inside the cabin, the fee will be applied.
Pets that are allowed:
Pets that are not allowed:
|Harmful||Disruptive||Pets with odor|
|Sick animals||Violent animals||–|
|Passengers with pets||Pets|
|15 years||8 weeks|
- Animals are not permitted to fly on airplanes to or from Hawaii unless they are assistance animals and meet Hawaii’s animal-required specifications.
- If the trip is well within the continental 48 United States, San Juan, or Puerto Rico, cats and dogs are accepted in the cabin.
- Pets are not allowed to travel on international flights yet.
- All dogs must be transported in an FAA-approved container that slides beneath the seat.
- Trailers must be sturdy, include a watertight base, and enable your pet to stand up and switch about.
|Depth (in.)||Width(in.)||Height(in.)||Combined weight of the animal plus the carrier (pounds)|
- Passengers are authorized to carry one pet carrier with a maximum of two animals in each carrier.
- Animals must be completely contained within their container beneath the seats across from passengers for the length of the trip.
- The animal should always move in a vented carrier.
- The animal cannot be taken out of its carrier during the flight.
Pets as checked baggage
- While traveling your pet with Allegiant Air, no medical documentation is necessary.
- You may need to bring additional papers as per the requirement of your destination state.
- The carry-on luggage allowance does not include a pet carrier. Excess luggage will incur an extra fee.
- Animals are not included in the carry-on luggage restrictions. Allegiant charges $50 per pet for every one-way trip for bringing an animal into the cabin.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Passengers flying with dogs will not be accommodated in the exit rows or the rows preceding or following the exit row.
- You must call Allegiant Air ahead of your flight to authenticate your pet. Please contact 702-505-8888 and specify that you are flying with your pet when making reservations.
Whenever you book your ticket, you may include accommodation for your animal.
- Make sure to check in between one hour before the trip.
- When traveling overseas, all forms necessary for the destination country must be presented at check-in.
Emotional support animals (ESA)
Allegiant Airlines do not accept pets as emotional support animals on any of their flights.
Service animals are allowed to get on board with passengers with disabilities.
- Service animals must have identity documents, tags, or even other written documents, as well as collars or emblems on the collar or the authorized vocal declarations of the disabled person who uses the pet.
- During check-in, travelers need to have the Allegiant trained service animal veterinary health check-up on them.
- Owners of comfort animals must submit the following forms to an allegiant representative at least one hour before taking off-
- Veterinary Health Form
- Mental Health Forum
- Animal Behavior and Responsibility Form
- It is suggested that you submit all necessary papers to the airline at least 48 hours prior to departure.
How to add a pet to my flight?
- Inform Allegiant Airlines about your pet right after your ticket gets confirmed.
- Pay the required fees.
- Get papers according to the requirements of your destination state.
- Check if the container meets the required dimensions.
- If carrying a service animal with you then do not forget to submit the required papers 48 hours before the flight.
- Avoid sedating your pet.
- Make sure your pet is ready to fly. Allegiant Airlines will not bear any liabilities if your pet gets sick on air.
- Buy the container a few days prior to your flight. So that your pet gets used to it.
Allegiant Airlines Contact details
|Customer Service||(702) 505-8888|
|Baggage Service Office||(866) 719-3910|
|Lost and Found||(866) 719-3910|
Is Allegiant able to measure pet carriers?
The pet carrier’s exterior measurements must not surpass 9 x 16 x 19 in. (HxWxD). To fit beneath the seats
Is it possible to bring a service dog with you on an Allegiant flight?
Allegiant accepts travelers who are flying with a properly trained service animal.
Does Allegiant allow emotional support animals to fly for free?
Allegiant Airlines no longer welcomes emotional support animals on planes as a consequence of legislative modifications introduced by the United States Department of Transportation. Allegiant, on the other hand, will keep allowing emotional service dogs to fly airlines for free.
How strict is Allegiant with pet carriers?
Allegiant’s policy regarding containers is quite minimal. The container should be 19 inches in length, 16 inches in width, and 9 inches in height. Animals must be completely contained within their container beneath the seats across from passengers for the length of the trip.
Does Allegiant allow pets?
Yes, Allegiant Airlines allows you to bring your small dog or cat on board with you. You can have service animals travel with you if you need. But, they do not allow emotional support animals on board.
Allegiant Airlines Profile
|Airlines Name||Allegiant Airlines|
|Social Media Pages|