Yes, Frontier Airlines allow dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and birds in the cabin for domestic flight and cats and dogs for international flights.
They offer you to travel with your pet domestically at a very competitive rate. Unlike other airlines, they don’t have a lot of strict rules and regulations regarding pets inside the cabin.
Are you planning to travel with your pet via Frontier Airlines? Read the full article to know everything regarding Frontier Airlines pet policy.
Frontier Pet Travel Options
Frontier allows pets onboard.
- Pets in Cabin
- As Checked Baggage
Pets inside the cabin
Frontier Airlines allows you to keep your pet inside the cabin with you!
Pets that are allowed inside of the cabin:
|Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, Guinea pigs, Hamsters, Small household birds||Flights within the United States|
|Dogs and Cats||International flights|
Animals that are not allowed inside of the cabin:
|Large birds: Parrots, Macaws, Cockatoos, birds of prey||Rodents: Mice, Rats, Squirrels|
|Large animals: Lions, Tigers, Bears||Insects|
|Reptiles: Snakes and others||Amphibians|
- Dogs and cats younger than 8 weeks of age are not accepted.
Pets are allowed inside of the cabin on :
|Domestic||All domestic flights|
|International||Dominican Republic, Mexico|
- Your pet should not get out of its container during the flight.
- Your pet should comfortably fit inside of the container.
- The container should fit under your frontal seat.
- It should be soft-sided.
Size of the container:
|18 Inches||14 Inches||8 Inches|
Charges for pets inside the cabin
|Within the United States||$99|
- Do not feed your pet in between 4 to 6 hours of the departure.
Pets as checked baggage
Frontier Airlines does not allow pets to travel as checked baggage.
- Good health certificate from a certified veterinarian.
- Rabies certificate (if your destination is Canada).
- Any additional documents required by the destination port.
Health certificate requirements for different destinations:
|Destination||Must be dated within|
|Puerto Rico||30 days of entry|
|USA||10 days of entry|
|Dominican Republic||15 days of entry|
|Costa Rica||14 days of entry|
|Mexico||5 days of entry|
The health certificate must include:
|Owner details: Name and Address||Species|
|Rabies vaccination details||–|
Rabies vaccination :
- Pets aged more than 3 or 4 months must be vaccinated for rabies no more than 1 year and no less than 1 month of the flight for international destinations.
Other recommended vaccines:
Other things to know regarding documents:
- If you are traveling to Mexico or the Dominican Republic then it should be stated on the health certificate that your pet has got treatment for parasites and is parasite free.
- Puerto Rico authorities recommend having a sturdy collar and two identification tags stating the address and phone number while you are on journey.
Government regulations for pet transportation vary from country to country. So it is a recommendation to always consult the embassy or consulate of the country in which you will be traveling before your flight. Because, if you miss out on any regulations or documents chances are that animals will be sent back to their origin.
Emotional Support Animals (ESA)
Frontier Airlines no longer accepts emotional support animals.
- You can not book seats in row one or exit row if you want to take your pet with you.
- No sedatives.
- It is recommended to not feed your pet while on air.
- Oxygen for your pet may not be available in case of any emergency.
Contact Frontier Airlines as soon as your tickets get confirmed to inform them about your pet.
How to take my pet with me on a flight?
- Inform Frontier Airlines about your pet after your ticket gets confirmed.
- Make sure you have the right container size and your pet is comfortable inside of it.
- Make sure you have all the right documents as per the rules of your destination country.
- Do the labeling correctly.
- Make sure to check on the weather on the flight day.
- Check-in at least two or three hours before your flight departure.
- Complete the security screening.
- Travel with your pet.
- Double-check if you have all the documents that are required and their validity.
- If your flight is a long one, then check if your pet is doing well.
- Buy the container some days before the flight and help your pet get used to it.
Frontier Contact details
|Address||Frontier Airlines, 4545 Airport Way, Denver, CO 80239|
Is frontier airlines pet-friendly?
Yes, Almost every domestic Frontier flight, and international flight to and from the Dominican Republic and Mexico, accept pets in the cabin.
How much does it cost to fly with a dog on the frontier?
Frontier Airlines charges $99 for pet travel domestically as a one way directional charge. You have to contact Frontier Airlines to know the charges of international flights.
What kinds of food are you supposed to feed your pet before flying?
The carrier also advises not feeding or watering your pet for the first four hours following departure. Among the essential things to consider while traveling with this airline is that a variety of variables might contribute to a dangerous flying experience for dogs.
How strict is the frontier with pet carriers?
You just have to keep one thing in mind regarding containers. The container should fit under your frontal seat of yours. So its dimensions should not exceed 18”×14”×8” in length×width×height.
Does Frontier let you bring pets?
Yes, you can keep your pet inside of the cabin with you while traveling via Frontier Airlines. They do not allow pets to be checked as baggage.
How do I add a dog to my flight frontier?
Contact Frontier Airlines as soon as your tickets get confirmed to inform them about your pet. You should have all the information about your pet with yourself when you contact them.
Frontire Airlines Profile
|Airlines Name||Frontier Airlines|
|Social Media Pages|
- Spirit Airlines Pet Policy
- Southwest Airlines Pet Policy
- Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy
- Delta Airlines Pet Policy
- Alaska Airlines Pet Policy