Tired of long rules and restrictions regarding flying with your pet by airlines? SY offers you to accompany your pet on flights within the United States without long lines of restrictions.
If you have a small dog or cat as a pet, you can fly through Sun Country without any stress. Let’s dive into deep to know details about Sun Country Airlines pet policy.
SY Pets Travel Guide
- Pets in Cabin
- As Checked Baggage
Pets that are accepted by SY
- Only small-sized pets are allowed so that they and their container can fit under your front seat.
- Pet should not be younger than 6 months.
Animals that are not accepted:
Pets in the cabin
SY allows small dogs and cats to fly only inside of the cabin. They need to be on the same flight with you.
Pets as checked baggage
You can not fly with your pet as checked baggage via SY.
- Pets are allowed only on flights within the United States except for NY.
- Sun Country Airlines do accept pets on international flights.
- The container can be hard or soft-sided.
- The bottom side should be leakproof.
- There should be a place for ventilation.
- Maximum mass can not exceed 16 lbs.
Maximum dimensions for container :
- One pet per container.
- Health certificate by a certified veterinarian.
- Other papers as per the requirements of your destination port.
SY Pet Travel Charges
|Pay in advance||$75|
- Fees will not be refunded in case you cancel your trip.
SY happily accepts service animals to accompany passengers with disabilities without any additional charges. But there are some things to keep in mind.
- Only dogs are allowed as service animals.
- Service animals should fit under your front seat.
- You have to carry a leash.
- Service animals younger than 4 months are not allowed.
- Small animals can sit on your lap. But they can not occupy any seat.
- A passenger can bring two service animals on board.
- Your service animals should be properly trained to behave in public places.
- You have to fill up the D.O.T form at least 2 days before the flight.
- You should arrive 2-3 hours before the flight at the airport if you haven’t filled the form.
- You will need to identify necessary documents as per the requirements of your destination and bring them with you.
Emotional support animals (ESA)
SY do not allow emotional support animals on board. However, they may fly as normal pets with appropriate rules.
- SY allows only 4 pets per flight. So make sure you complete the reservation for your critter as soon as possible.
- One passenger can bring only one pet with them.
- If you are traveling with a pet, Sun Country recommends that you reserve a middle seat. There you will get enough space to keep your pet under the seat.
- You will have to check in a minimum of two-three hours prior to your departure time.
How to add a pet to my flight?
- Inform Sun Country about your pet minimum 48 hours before your departure time.
- Make sure your pet and its carrier fits under your front seat.
- Have all the papers as per the demand of your destination state.
- Check in to fill up the form two hours prior to your flight.
- Do not sedate your pet.
- Do not feed your pet 3 or 4 hours prior to departure.
- Keep your pet’s medical document packed to present to the staff when you check in.
Sun Country Contact Details
|Service||Telephone or Address||Time|
|New and existing reservations||651-905-2737||Monday-Sunday 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m|
|Group travel||651-905-2711||Monday-Friday (Closed Major Holidays) 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m|
|Service animal requests||651-905-2737||Monday-Sunday 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m|
|Bag services||Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Terminal 2.||–|
|Corporate information||Sun Country Airlines 2005 Cargo Road Minneapolis, MN 55450||–|
Does Sun Country allow emotional support animals?
Sun Country Airlines do not allow pets as emotional support animals on board. But your emotional support animal can travel as a normal pet with appropriate rules and charges.
Is it okay to bring your dog to Sun Country?
Can I bring my pet to Sun Country with me? Absolutely. On flights within the 48 contiguous United States, small dogs and cats are allowed to ride in the passenger area.
Can dogs fly for an extended period?
Pet dogs that can accommodate in a luggage carrier underneath the chair are allowed in the cabin. Cargo is for larger dogs who travel in a pet carrier or kennel that has been certified by the airline. If the journey is longer than 8 hours, most airlines would not allow your dog to travel in the cabins.
Which airlines allow pets as checked baggage?
Among the US airlines, the only ones that allow pets in cabins and cargo are
Can my dog sit on my lap during a flight?
No. Pets must remain in their container, for the duration of your domestic journey.
How strict is Sun Country with pet carriers?
Kennel measurements for dogs flying in the cabin should not surpass 16″ x 11″ x 8″. (40 cm x 28 cm x 20 cm). Enclosures must be spacious enough for creatures to turn around, rest, and fall asleep in a proper alignment, made out of wood, metal, or plastic, and leakage and escape-proof.
Does Sun Country allow dogs?
Yes, SY allows small dogs and cats on board. But the dog and its carrier need to fit under your front seat. You can not travel with your dog unless this requirement is filled.
How much does it cost to fly a dog in Sun Country?
SY charges $75 if you book your flight and pay in advance for your dog and $100 if you book your flight from the airport.
How strict is Sun Country with dogs?
Sun Country Airlines do not have a lot of rules and restrictions. Your dog just needs to be of a small size so that it can fit along with its container under your front seat.
Sun Country Profile
|Company Name||Sun Country Airlines|
|Support Center Number||651-905-2737|
|Social Media Pages|
- Alaska Airlines Pet Policy
- Avelo Airlines Pet Policy
- American Airlines Pet Policy
- Delta Airlines Pet Policy
- JetBlue Airlines Pet Policy