Frontier Airlines have made their policy for service animals according to the updated regulations for taking a certified guide dog on a flight that complies with the relevant DOT regulations. They accept two service animals for free for every individual. But only one service animal is allowed to be inside of the cabin. The other one should be inside the luggage compartment. The other regulations are pretty simple and straightforward.
- Only canines that have been specifically schooled to carry out activities for the assistance of a competent person with a handicap will be approved as service animals. Psychological guide dogs are included in this.
- Frontier allows a maximum of two guide dogs to fly with one traveler with a handicap.
- Comfort pets, pet dogs, and any other quasi living beings will not be accepted as guide dogs by Frontier.
- Inside the terminal and on board the airplane, a certified service dog must always be within the owner’s supervision by means of a collar, tether, or leash, and it needs to be taught to act appropriately in general.
- Guide dogs under the age of four months cannot be recognized by Frontier as guide dogs.
- One dog per individual in the cabin is allowed.
- A certified assistance animal may not fly if it exhibits misbehavior or directly endangers the safety or health of fellow passengers.
Service Dogs Onboard
- According to national safety standards, the certified service dog must be placed so that it won’t impede passengers’ quick exit in the rare case of a crisis.
- A person who is flying with a certified assistance animal is also not permitted to sit in the exit row.
- A certified support animal may be seated on the passenger’s lap or even the floor of the airplane.
- Trained guide dogs are not allowed to intrude on other passengers’ seats, take an open seat, or stretch into the airplane corridor.
- A trained assistance dog is not needed to be transported in a dog crate by the passenger.
- The DOT’s Guide Dog Air Travel Application, evidencing towards the dog’s fitness, education, and temperament, must be filled out and submitted by travelers flying with a guide dog.
- Travelers must turn in the filled Paperwork at least 2 days prior to departure for bookings made more than 2 days in advance.
- Travelers must present the filled Paperwork to a Client Support Representative in presence at the terminal for bookings made less than 2 days before departure.
Frontier Airlines does not charge money for allowing travelers to have their service animals onboard.
Travelers must submit the full Service Dog Air Travel Application and an indication that they want to fly with a certified guide dog no later than 2 days before departure.
Does Frontier Allow Service Animals?
Frontier Airlines recognizes and accepts service animals with individuals with disabilities.
How much does Frontier charge for service animals?
Frontier Airlines accepts service animals for free onboard. So, there are no charges. But if you can not present proper paperwork, then the dog must travel as a normal pet and charges will be applicable.
Does Frontier only accept dogs as service animals?
Yes, only dogs are accepted as service animals on Frontier Airlines.
|Call||801 401 9000|