Flair is a Canadian Airline that accepts pets inside of their cabins on flights between Canada and the United States. They do not have strict regulations. So, flying with pets on Flair is always fun. The thing of concern is they do not allow pets as checked baggage and neither do they have any cargo service. So, carry-on pets are the only option. They charge 49 USD to 79 USD for every pet depending on its size and weight. But service animals can travel for free on Flair Airlines. Let’s read the Flair air pet policy.
Flair Air Pet Policy Overview
Flair Airlines provides these options for travelers with pets.
|Pets in the cabin||Only small dogs and cats|
|Pets as checked baggage||Not available|
|Emotional Support Animals||Not allowed|
|Pets age||3 months|
|Maximum Weight (including container)||23 lbs|
|Charges||49 USD – 79 USD|
Only small dogs and cats are accepted by Flair Airlines inside of their cabins.
If you are traveling by Flair Airlines with a pet then you have to keep these things in mind.
- The container must be a soft-sided one.
- It should be compatible for air travel.
- The floor of the container should be leak-proof and there should be ventilation options available.
- One passenger can carry only one container.
- Only one pet per container is allowed.
- The maximum weight of the container including the pet should be 23 lbs.
- The carrier will qualify as one regular item against the carry-on luggage allotment.
- Pets are not permitted to fly with unattended kids, those sitting in escape or aisle seats, or people who need to have a medical item that needs to be stored underneath the chair.
- The animal should be minimum 3 months old and completely weaned.
|41 cm||23 cm||25 cm|
|16 inches||9 inches||10 inches|
A maximum of four pets can travel inside of every aircraft.
Pets can only fly between Canada and the United States by Flair Airlines. Flights to Mexico are not available for pets.
Flair Airlines charges 49 USD to 79 USD for every pet. Rates vary based on the date of flight, the appropriate taxes, as well as the ultimate stop of the trip. There are no refunds or transfers available for any pets in cabin costs. Flair Airlines maintains the right to occasionally reduce pet-in-cabin charges.
Assistance dogs with official training and certification helping passengers with impairments are transported inside the aircraft.
- Only dogs are accepted as service animals.
- Service dogs travel for free.
- They should be able to accommodate at the passenger’s feet.
- The dog should be schooled by a reputable service dog institution, tethered, and licensed.
- Travelers are needed to inform Flair about the assistance dog’s type, as well as its estimated size and body weight.
- Flair will choose wherein the traveler and assistance dog would be placed after consulting with the traveler in order to ensure the convenience of all travelers.
- Flair will allow the support dog to stay just on ground in a location in which the customer could still handle the dog when there is not enough square footage in the aisle of the passenger side.
- Assistance Dogs which are making a disturbance, such as shouting, buzzing, growling, snarling, or other antisocial behavior, may not be allowed to board.
- The traveler is fully responsible for the assistance dog and must take all essential steps to secure the proper health and immunization records, entry licenses, and other paperwork needed to enter or cross a country, state, or territory. The service dog won’t be allowed to travel with you without such proof.
- If you are traveling from or to the United States with a service animal, you should have these two forms :
Flair Airlines does not accept Emotional Support Animals.
You have to inform Flair Airlines about the pet if you are traveling with any. Remember to pay the pet fees at least 2 days before the date of the flight.
- Take your pet to the restroom before boarding the plane.
- Make sure to provide some food inside the container.
- Keep any toy or blanket inside the container which is familiar to the pet to keep him/her calm.
- Don’t forget to take any documents.
Can I take a pet on Flair airlines?
Pets are accepted by Flair Airlines inside of their cabins. Only small cats and dogs are accepted. There is no option to take the pet as checked baggage.
Which airlines allow pets in Canada?
Canadian Airline Flair accepts pets in Canada. They are now only transporting pets between Canada and the United States.
How much does Flair Airlines charge for pets?
Flair Airline charges 49 USD to 79 USD per pet. This rate can vary depending on the size and weight of the pet and also the destination.
Does Flair Airlines accept service animals?
Flair Airlines accepts service animals for free. Only dogs are recognized by Flair as service animals. But Emotional Support Animals are not accepted by Flair.
|Call||1 833 711 2333|