Yes, Tap Portugal accepts service animals assisting certain people with any kind of disability inside of their cabins. You can only take a dog as a service animal. The number of service dogs that can be taken with a traveler is not specified by Tap Portugal. We can assume that you can take two with you given that they are small enough to sit by your feet. Tap Portugal allows service dogs to travel with their owners for free.
- Only dogs are accepted as service animals by Tap Portugal.
- They travel for free. You have to pay for your seat only.
- Service dogs are carried inside of the cabins. But if the traveler will not be needing the service dog while on air, then it can also be transported as checked baggage.
- Service dogs should be at least 10 weeks of age.
- Service dogs can not travel inside a container.
- The dog should sit by your feet for the entire time of the flight.
- The dog can not roam inside the cabin.
- A leash should always be present.
- A service dog can never occupy a seat.
- You have to provide the training certificate of the dog when you book.
- Pet passport should be available.
- Rabies vaccination documents are also needed.
- Evidence that the legal health criteria have been met.
- Evidence that the requirements for liability insurance have been met.
- If you are traveling from or to the United States, then these two forms should be filled and submitted.
- If you are traveling to the United Kingdom, then you have to contact the airport to which you will be traveling to learn about any requirements for the service dog. It is solely your liability to fulfill any kind of requirements. You can get the information of UK airports from below.
Tap Portugal no longer accepts untrained emotional support animals. If your emotional support animal is untrained, then it must travel as a regular pet.
Support dogs in learning are welcome as long as their instructor or family is present. Those who provide support animals to host homes are recognized as such since they help the dogs during their training and adjustment to living alongside people.
You have to inform Tap Portugal about your service dog at least 2 days before the scheduled departure of the flight. You may do so by filling out this form or by approaching the service desk of the airport.
It is not specified by Tap Portugal when travelers with service dogs should check-in. But we will suggest you to check in at least 120 minutes before the flight to make sure you can resolve any complications.
Does Portugal’s tap allow service animals?
Tap Portugal lets people with disabilities take their service dog with them onboard.
How much does Tap Portugal charge for service dogs?
Tap Portugal allows service dogs to travel with their owners for free.
Does Tap Portugal allow service dogs in training?
Yes, You can take your service dog in training with you while flying with Tap Portugal. The owner of the dog or the instructor must be with the service dog.
Will Tap Portugal accept service animals for emotional needs?
Emotional support animals are no longer accepted by Tap Portugal. Only your properly trained service dog may accompany you.
|Tap Portugal||(+351) 211 234 408 [email protected]|
|Heathrow Airport (LHR)||+44 (0) 208 745 7894 [email protected]|
|Gatwick Airport (LGW)||+ 44 (0) 129 355 5580 [email protected]|
|Manchester Airport (MAN)||+ 44 (0) 758 447 6200|