Vueling Airlines offers travelers to keep their pets with them in the cabin. Pets are not accepted as checked baggage on any routes. In-cabin restrictions are also very minimal. Vueling pet travel cost $47.29 (domestic) and $ 57.11 (international).
Almost all dog and cat breeds are accepted by Vueling, unlike other airlines.
Emotional support pets and service dogs are also accepted inside their cabins without any extra fee. But they need to be certified in order to enjoy the service.
Let’s know the Vueling pet policy And don’t forget to read the tips at the end before making your journey.
Vueling Pet Travel options
- Carry-on pets
- As checked baggage
Pets in the cabin
Some specific animals are allowed inside of the cabins on Vueling flights.
Pets that are allowed :
Pets that are not allowed :
|Birds of prey||Reptiles|
|Animals with bad smell||Weak pets|
|Unhygienic pets||Aggressive animals|
Pets as checked baggage
Pets are not allowed to travel as checked baggage on Vueling flights.
- Containers should not be made out of rigid materials.
- The container must not weigh more than 10 kg including the pet.
- Foods for your pets can be transported in your carry-on.
- You are not permitted to remove your pet from the dog crate till you have landed.
- The container should be IATA-approved and well ventilated.
|45 cm||39 cm||21 cm|
- The pet must fly with a passport provided by a veterinarian stating that the dog was rabies-vaccinated within 21 days to 12 months prior to the journey.
There are no specified age restrictions but Vueling will not transport puppies and kitties.
Destination restrictions :
- The combined weight of the pet and its container should not exceed 8 kg for flights to Iberia.
Pet transportation is not available from or to the below-mentioned locations :
Booking should be made by calling their customer service for flights from or to below-mentioned locations :
- Every person is permitted to bring one pet, with a maximum of three pets permitted on each aircraft. On Iberia flights, only two pets are permitted each journey.
Vueling Airlines does not prohibit the transport of dog or cat species in its airplane cabins.
Vueling Pet Flying Fee
- Vueling charges 47.29 USD for domestic flights.
- Vueling charges 59.11 USD for international and Canary Island flights.
Service dogs and Emotional support pets
To travel with service dogs, you must have an actual, tangible license that certifies it as an aid dog or guide dog.
- Service dogs can not age less than 3 months.
- The dogs must bear identity equipment like microchips.
- You must bring your dog’s immunization certificate and, if flying internationally, its passport. These documentation must attest that the dog was vaccinated against rabies within 21 days to 12 months prior to the journey.
- To travel with a service dog, you must specify this while booking your trip on the Vueling website. In the Travel Details box, choose the Traveler with Special Needs item. You’ll be allowed to say you’re traveling with a service dog.
- There is no additional charge for traveling with service dogs.
- The service dog should fit beneath your legs or beneath the chair and be restrained with a safety collar prior takeoff or during final approach. Dogs must not obstruct the aisle for safety reasons.
- Vueling recommends packing dog necessities including a water dish, a comforter, absorbing pads, litter bags, and so on.
- If you are traveling outside of the European Union, kindly validate the travel needs with the embassy of your target country.
To add your companion in the booking, choose the Basic Price and reserve the option in the Customize Your Trip section during the transaction.
Due to the particular requirements of your reservation, you must come to the check-in offices the day of the trip to have a seat assigned that fits your requirements and to obtain your boarding ticket.
The pet container, together with its leash and meals, must pass through the scanners, while your pet should travel through the walk-through body scanner, whether on your shoulders or on its own.
How to add a pet to my flight on Vueling?
- Inform Vueling customer service about your pet or service dog while making reservations.
- Prepare the pet passport.
- Make sure the container is IATA-approved.
- Make sure your pet has a microchip on its body.
- Visit your vet.
- Check-in at least one or two hours before the departure.
- Each occasion you have to change planes, your dog will experience the agony of being disembarked from one aircraft, jiggled about, and placed into a new aircraft. This isn’t going to be fun, and you can simply prevent exposing your dog to such situations by booking nonstop flights with no connections. This will also reduce the amount of time you spend on the plane, making the entire trip much simpler for your dog.
- There is a lot you have to take care of before you take off. For starters, you’ll need to ensure that your dog’s vaccines are up to date. You’ll need a medical certificate to confirm it, which must be no older than 10 days before your trip. If you are going abroad, you may have to make additional arrangements to fulfill foreign standards.
- What is the final point you make before departing on a lengthy trip? For most people, it’s going to the toilet, and that should be your dog’s final stop. You should take your dog for a long walk before you leave to ensure that it urinates and defecates so that there are no mishaps in the air.
- You wouldn’t travel to the terminal without your Identification, and your dog shouldn’t either. You’re going to be apart for a long time, and that ID will assist ensure you’re reunited. Airlines are notorious for misplacing baggage, and the last thing you want is your dog to be misplaced!
Can I take a dog to Vueling?
Yes, you can! Vueling Airlines accepts pet dogs that weigh no more than 10 kg including its container inside of their cabins. They also don’t have any breed restrictions. So, your dog is good to onboard Vueling as long as it weighs less than 10 kg.
Does Vueling allow service dogs?
Yes, they do! Service dogs and emotional support pets are welcomed by Vueling inside of their cabins without any additional fees. But they need to be certified in order to enjoy the service.
How much does Vueling charge for pets onboard?
Vueling Airlines charges 47.29 USD for domestic flights and 57.11 USD for international flights for pets.
Which breeds are restricted to travel by Vueling?
Vueling Airlines does not have any restrictions on any breeds. So, your dog and cat can travel by Vueling regardless of the breed they belong to.
Vueling Contact details
Vueling Short Profile
|Social media Pages|