A safe and tension-free voyage for the pet requires thorough preparation at each and every stage of the process of airline pet transportation. Looking for flight embargoes is among the most commonly forgotten components of pet travel.
Typically, airlines avoid transporting dogs during exceptionally cold or hot temperatures. To save your dogs from severe weather, there are heat limitations in effect. So, Airline restrictions must be taken into account when organizing the migration of your pet.
Put simply, whenever the outdoor temperature exceeds or falls below approved safety norms, carriers can not transport your companion. Depending on each carrier’s policy, these thresholds change. Whenever the outdoor temperature is somewhere at the point of take-off and the point of arrival is above 29 °C, summertime embargoes typically occur.
At whichever place on the schedule where the average heat is under 45°F, animals will not be welcomed until owners show a veterinarian’s certificate of cold temperature acclimatization. Even though not all carriers accept this acclimatization, it is definitely wise to ask for a Acclimatization certificate from the veterinarian. If the doctor provides his or her approval, furry pets used to low weather will be eligible for the accreditation. Despite a certification of cold temperature acclimatization, animals might not be welcomed when conditions drop under 20°F.
Different airlines have different temperature restrictions for pets onboard. Let’s see a few of them.
1. American Airlines
American Airlines enforces a restriction whenever the expected or actual heat level at any point on the trip is over 85°F in order to assure that the pet isn’t subjected to intense temperatures. Nevertheless, if the pet is small enough to fit inside an authorized container which can be stowed beneath your chair, he may fly inside the compartment alongside you.
|Above 85°F or 29.4°C||Below 45°F or 7.2°C||Accepts|
2. Air Canada
Whenever temperature exceeds a particular point, it might not be feasible to transport your dog as not every Air Canada plane is designed with thermal and vented luggage cabins.
|Above 85°F or 29.5°C||Below 32°F or 0°C||Does not accept|
3. Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines has no restrictions planned for the summertime, but they might if somehow the weather rises too much for animals to fly comfortably. Nevertheless, if the animal may be accommodated in an authorized container which can be stowed under the chair, you are allowed to take him/her alongside you inside the compartment.
|Above 85°F or 29.4°C||Below 45°F or 7.2°C||Accepts|
4. Delta Airlines
Like all other airlines Delta also has some relevant temperature restrictions to offer your pet a safe and comfortable journey.
|Above 80°F or 27°C||Below 20°F or -7°C||Accepts|
5. Qatar Airways
Breeds that are highly susceptible to heat sickness when subjected to temperatures exceeding 21°C aren’t really accepted by Qatar Airways.
|Above 69.8°F or 21°C||–||Does not accept|
Any bookings for pets on Qantas would be rescheduled or canceled without fee if temperatures are predicted to soar above 35°C. The animal would be rescheduled on another flight at no added charge for freight transport if you contact them using the AWB ID.
|Above 95°F or 35°C||–||Does not accept|
Emirates does not accept some specific animals as freight for a certain duration of the year due to excessive heat conditions in those regions.
|Birds||1 May to 30 September||United Arab Emirates|
8. Asiana Airlines
Asiana does not accept any pets for transportation during the winter days. This restriction applies for every pet and every location.
|No animals are allowed||All through winter|
Aeromexico does not accept any pets when conditions of the origin or destination deteriorate from a certain barrier.
|Above 86°F or 30°C||Below 44.6°F or 7°C||Does not accept|
United Airlines reject animals from some specific locations throughout a specific time of the year because of the excessive heats in those regions.
|Las Vegas (LAS) Palm Springs (PSP) Phoenix (PHX) Tucson (TUS)||Between May 1 and September 30|
Below are some solutions to consider if you must fly with the pet under certain temperature conditions.
- Change your itinerary to another season – When you have the opportunity, pick a time of year which is neither overly warm or cold.
- Include a carrier that welcomes pets – An airline that accepts pets is the best option for pet transportation because they have established procedures to guarantee the security of the pet. Professionals will take special care to minimize the duration your animal is outside by making sure they arrive and depart on schedule.
- Plan the ideal trips – Traveling around the gentlest hours of the week might be the second best choice if you are unable to modify your location or the dates of the trip.
- Purchase the ideal container and educate your companion to use it – It’s crucial to always transport your companion in the proper-sized pet container, but in cases of harsh climate, particularly in the summer, this is especially true.
- Get expert assistance – If your flight arrangements alter or need to be canceled or rescheduled at the last moment, a certified pet travel company can assist.
Is pet cargo temperature controlled?
While most airlines offer temperature-controlled cargo compartments, some of them still operate planes that are old and do not offer temperature adjustments.
Can you fly with pets in winter?
Pet parents can fly with their pets in the winter also. But they have to find an airline that accepts pets in winter or an acclimatization certificate. Generally, most of them do not accept pets when the temperature is below 7°C.
At what temperature does Delta refuse animals?
Delta refuses to accept pets onboard when the temperatures of the summertime are averaging above 80°F or 27°C and the barrier is below 20°F or -7°C for the winter.
Do dogs freeze on planes?
Whether or not your dog freezes on planes depends on the carrier you are selecting for the trip. If the compartment is temperature-controlled, then it is not likely that the dog will freeze during cold weather.
- Utimate guide to cat moving service
- A Complete Guide to Traveling with Pets
- What are The Main Rules of Traveling by Air with Pets?
- How Do you Prepare your Pet for Air Travel?
- How to Travel with a Dog on a Plane?
- Complete guide to private flights with pets